- Highly inconsistent team, literally capable of anything. It’s really difficult to analyse their results this season because there are few patterns.
- Performance levels capable of going both up and down. They were excellent beating GFC here 3-1. But then failed to beat lowly 9 man Tours (0-0). It really does depend which Clermont turns up on the day.
- Key midfielder Joseph Lopy is ruled out injured here. He’s been a big driving force this season and weighed in with a few goals and assists. I think his presence will be missed. Left back Karim Djellabi also remains injured.
- Surprised everyone by coming from 0-2 down to draw 2-2 at home to Reims on Monday night. It looked like they were down and out but in actual fact they even came close to winning eventually!
- In a congested bottom part of the table they remain inside the relegation zone but the situation is far from dire at the moment. Just 1 win in 11 games isn’t ideal though.
- The squad is injury ravaged with a number of players ruled out. Some important guys like Joel Sami & Mickael Barreto are rated doubtful as well.
- Orleans have the worst away record in Ligue 2,. They’ve lost six and drawn twice on the road with no victories to their name yet.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- The sheer fact that Orleans have the worst away record in the entire division almost makes Clermont and automatic bet at the current prices. The hosts can be grabbed on a juicy -0.25 line or a DNB handicap.
- Because Clermont are too inconsistent then I think the better option is to play it safe and take them DNB. This could potentially end a draw but overall I like their chances, especially as Orleans are coming off a short week of rest.
- It wouldn’t surprise me if this game ended over 2.5 but Clermont have been involved in some lower scoring games recently so I’ll leave this market alone.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Clermont DNB @ 1.68
Minimum odds acceptable: 1.60