- Back to back 1-0 wins has put them back to eight in the table and a victory today would move the Alsatian outfit to joint third.
- Following a poor period in which they failed to keep a clean sheet in six straight games, the defence seems much more solid again and they have reverted back to their ‘old self’ keeping it tight.
- Squad condition pretty good apart from the midfield duo of Anthony Goncalves and Ihsan Sacko who are both injured. Neither has now featured for a few weeks though.
- The visitors also head into the match having won both of their previous games 1-0. Les are also unbeaten in six matches and have only lost a couple of Ligue 2 fixtures all season.
- Les Sang et Or have become a pretty solid side under Alain Casanova. They concede few goals and the 14 shipped in is one of the best records in the entire division.
- Squad condition is good with no injuries or suspensions to any significant players.
- Lens have the best away record in the division. Their 4-4-1 stats are pretty impressive and only Sochaux have managed to beat them on the road.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is a battle between two good sides. It might not contain many goals but it should be a good watch both in a tactical and entertaining way.
- Both sides can have issue in front of goal. They have missed a number of chances this year and have a knack of only scoring once per game.
- Each defence is capable of making good tackles, blocks and the two keepers have strong ability. I could see something like a 1-1 draw occurring, or a 0-0 if things are tight.
- The bookies are offering nothing of interest and look to have their lines set fair. I just don’t see this fixture as a viable betting opportunity.
Recommended bet: None