- Le Racing have really found some form after winning their last three games. Strasbourg are now up to sixth in the table and strongly in the promotion race.
- Squad condition pretty good with no new injuries or suspensions to worry about. The only significant casualties are to the midfield duo Anthony Goncalves & Ihsan Sacko who have been out for a while now.
- Strasbourg have a very respectable 5-2-2 home record and Le Stade Meinau can be a really intimidating place. They’ve had good attendances this season and the crowd can give them an extra edge.
- The visitors have been in good form, losing just 2 of their last 10 games and picked up plenty of wins during this period. However, they’ve failed to pick up a victory in any of their last three contests and the signs are that they are starting to decline again.
- Squad condition pretty good although midfielder Junior Sambia is suspended. Key striker Dona Ndoh should now be back to full fitness after playing hurt the last couple of weeks.
- Niort have a fairly food away record and have won 3 of their last 5 on the road. They have proved to be dangerous with a 3-2 victory at Brest proving that fact.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Strasbourg are favourites around the 1.85 mark here which looks a little bit too short. Niort have been in fairly good form and the bookies are slightly disrespectful of them in my opinion.
- That said, I do think Strasbourg will win the game. They just look to be peaking right now and will be annoyed the winter break is approaching. Their performance beating Lens last weekend was excellent and a repeat of that here would certainly result in another three points.
- The pick I like is over 2 goals. Strasbourg games don't always contain the amount of goals they should do, but for the most part they are a pro-active team at home and go looking for goals.
- Niort have generally been involved in some higher scoring contests of late and have confidence going forwards. They’ve scored in 9 of their last 10 games and just one of their last eight fixtures have contained less than 2 goals.
- Therefore, this goal line looks quite secure and generously priced @ around the 1.90 mark. I will leave Strasbourg alone because I think they are too short but I’m more than happy to strike with the over pick.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2 goals @ 1.90