- OL have won 7 of their last 9 games but suffered a shock loss 2-3 away against Caen last weekend.
- Bruno Genesio’s men continue to be in no man's land, isolated on their own in fourth place. They are 11 points off a Champions League position and will find it difficult to chase down the top three before the end of the campaign.
- Memphis Depay has signed from Man Utd. A flop in the EPL, he should be more of a hit in France and makes an appearance in the squad today.
- Centre back Mouctar Diakhaby is injured whilst winger Rachid Ghezzal is on African Nations Cup duty. Everyone else of significance is available.
- OL have won six times at home this season, losing on three occasions. They’ve yet to draw in front of their own fans.
- Defeat against Monaco last week was one of the few they suffered since Rudy Garcia took charge and ended a run of four successive victories.
- New signing from Montpellier, Morgan Sanson could make his debut and is included in the squad. OM are missing a few players though such as fellow man in the middle William Vainqueur (suspension).
- Left back continues to be a problem area too with Henri Bedimo remaining on the sidelines.
- OM have a poor away record this season, winning just twice. Those two victories have been their most recent affairs though and an improvement has been made under Rudy Garcia.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Lyon are a short priced favourite here around the 1.70 mark. I’m not totally sure if this is fair because OM are a much improved side under Rudy Garcia.
- However, it was noticeable how poor they were defensively against Monaco last week. If they play like that again then a side like Lyon will definitely take advantage.
- I’d expect Rudy Garcia to come up with a more defensive game plan to try and contain OL.
- Matches between these two sides used to be really high scoring, but in recent times a string of unders have occurred, including a couple of 0-0s.
- Ultimately, this is a big ‘Olympico’ match and it could be a close encounter, both teams will give everything.
- I’m not really sure here. The goal line seems too high at 2.75 and nothing interests me much. I’ll leave this alone.
Recommended bet: None