- Successive draws, three in a row has enabled Monaco to overtake them at the top of the table. Nice have been misfiring in front of goal and been hit badly with absences.
- As mans as five players return here though, including key midfielder Jean Michel Seri who returns from the African Nations earlier than expected.
- Right back Ricardo and playmaker Younes Belhanda now remain the only notable injuries. Mario Balotelli sahould be sharper this week after playing the full 90 mins at Bastia last week.
- Nice have an 8-3-0 home record and are unbeaten at the Allianz Riviera in Ligue 1 since Aurelian Favre took over at the helm.
- The Brittany outfit have yet to win in 2017 and have actually only tasted victory in 2 of their last 10 encounters. They are are however situated in a comfortable seventh position.
- Just 1 clean sheet kept in their last 10 games might pinpoint some of their problems. Defensively, they aren’t too bad but could certainly be tighter.
- Guingamp have a couple of defenders unavailable, Aldo Angoula (inj) & Jordan Ikoko (CAN). Important midfielder Mustapha Diallo is suspended.
- Les Costamoricains have an ok away record, but it’s now been five matches since they last tasted victory on the road.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Remarkably, the away team has won 5 of the last 6 meetings but Guingamp would cause quite a shock by winning here. They have beaten Lyon, PSG and drawn with Monaco this season though and are no mugs.
- Nice aren’t a bad price around the 2.0 mark and could even be backed on a -0.25 handicap at reasonable enough odds. However, they are under pressure to rediscover the winning touch and have yet to deliver a convincing display in 2017.
- Over 2.25 goals is also worth considering but because the Nice attack has been misfiring then there's some doubt in this department too.
- In their previous home game, Nice couldn’t even score against Metz which was a pretty poor effort. They were without several key players but it’s still a worrying sign.
- A home win with both teams scoring is my best estimate here. I’m not quite confident enough with any bets though so I’ll reluctantly leave this game alone.
Recommended bet: None