- The hosts have only won 2 of their last 10 games and have become pretty inconsistent. However, a victory today would move them up to second place.
- Christophe Pellisier’s men have been the big surprise package and continue to overachieve, but most people are expecting them to fade in the second half of the season.
- Key centre back Jordan Lefort is suspended and this is a blow. He’s been one of the standout stars for Amiens this year, keeping things very tight at the back.
- The rest of the squad is however in healthy condition apart from long term injuries.
- Les Sang et Or have won 4 of their last 6 games and are currently situated second in the table. They missed a good opportunity last weekend by losing at home to an understrength Nimes (1-3).
- Lens have struggled to keep clean sheets in the last couple of months, registering only 2 in their last 10 games. This is putting some pressure on their offense.
- It’s been a while since Alain Cassanova’s men possessed a really good striker. They’ll hope the signing of Rennes loanee Kermit Erasmus can aid them going forwards.
- Key left wing back Karim Hafeez continues to be on African Nations Cup duty. Nobody else is ruled out though and a similar squad that has been used in recent weeks has been selected.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Lens have a 5-4-2 away record which is the third best in Ligue 2. However, this will probably feel like a home game. Lens were based at this stadium for a whole season a couple of years ago and are sure to take loads of fans with them.
- It’s a northern ‘derby’ game and the atmosphere should be intense! Both sides will be desperate to win and Amiens have the chance to complete a superb double over their illustrious rivals.
- The bookies are struggling to separate either side and the line offered is DNB on both around the 1.95 mark. These odds look fair because home advantage is almost negated in this instance.
- I rate Lens as the better team but I’m not interested in backing them in a derby game like this one. Literally anything could happen.
- The goal line set between 1.75 and 2 looks a little bit generous and I considered backing it. Both teams have been involved in some higher scoring games of late. But the first meeting was a tight encounter and the same sort of thing might occur.
Recommended bet: None