- Under the radar, Bourg have now gone nine games unbeaten. They are playing some really solid football right now and kept three consecutive clean sheets.
- Bourg are in a comfortable midtable position right now and no team has drawn more than them this season (10 out of 2).
- Squad condition is good with only leading scorer Lakdar Boussaha ruled out. He hasn’t featured for the last three games so they are used to life without him at least.
- The Corsican outfit have started 2017 with back to back wins and are playing quite well. They even put up a good fight against Monaco in the Coupe de France.
- The squad is in perfect health apart from fullback Anthony Lippini who’s injured. The temperamental defender has been suspended all of 2017 though so it’s not really a factor.
- Ajaccio won away at Troyes last time out but they are usually a terrible away team. Their stats for the season read 1-4-5 and it’s normal for them to struggle on the road.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- How can Bourg-en-Bresse be underdogs here? Somehow, they are 2.09 on a DNB handicap which is just plain wrong! What have Ajaccio done to deserve favouritism here?
- Bourg are unbeaten in nine games and becoming really hard to beat. At these odds, I simply have to have a piece of them.
- I don’t actually think Ajaccio will play that badly here. In an ideal world, I didn’t want to take them on. But they have such little success away from home I have no hesitation at this price.
- Overall, I expect a close game of football. I can’t see many goals being scored. It’ll be a tight contest and hopefully Bourg-en-Bresse come out on top. I’m not surprised the goal line has creeped up to the 2.0 mark.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Bourg-en-Bresse DNB @ 2.09 (minimum odds acceptable 1.85)