- The Auvergne side aren't in a bad little run of form. They are unbeaten in five games and only lost 1 of their last 9.
- This is possibly the most consistent they've ever been under the management of Corinne Diacre. It was a shame to concede in stoppage time last week but they came from 0-2 down to draw 3-3 away at Sochaux which shows their fightback skills.
- Squad condition good with no major injuries or suspensions.
- Clermont only have the 12th best home record this season with 4-4-2 stats. However, Diacre is a good home coach and since she took over they’ve not lost many in front of their own fans.
- Just 1 win in 10 games sees Auxerre second bottom of the table and struggling for form. They’ve started 2017 with successive 0-2 defeats against GFCA & Bourg-en-Bresse respectively.
- The coach has changed things round a bit and left out some players who had been featuring recently. Basically, he’s had a bit of a shake up which might not be a bad thing.
- New striker Mohamed Yattara could be in line for his debut. Auxerre are the lowest scoring side in Ligue 2 with just 14 goals netted in 21 games.
- Their away record is poor (third worst) with just one win and six defeats so far.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- For me, Clermont are much the better side and it’s not even close. They are playing some pretty good football at the moment and they are deserving favourites here.
- Auxerre have been poor all year and the change of coach hasn’t really had the desired effect yet. AJA have been improved with Cedric Daury in charge but the same fundamental problems are causing them issues.
- Clermont are usually really strong at home under Corinne Diacre and I’m surprised they are odds-against tonight. Taking them on a -0.25 handicap around the 1.75 mark makes sense to me.
- I see something like a 1-0 or 2-0 home win. Auxerre rarely trouble the scorers much and there’s a good chance Clermont will win to nil.
- I don’t expect this will be much of a classic. Auxerre games aren’t usually very entertaining. The goal line actually seems a little high at 2.25 and I would personally favour the under if I had the choice.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Clermont -0.25 @ 1.76 (minimum odds acceptable 1.60)