- The club are in a real mess right now both on and off the pitch. They are rock bottom of the table with only three wins all season and having lost 5 of their last 6 games.
- Financial problems mean they can't bring any new transfers into the club. This is desperately hindering them, especially as key midfielder Jean Eudes Aholou was recently lost to Strasbourg.
- Goalscoring has been a real issue and nothing has changed of late either. Failure to net in 11 of the last 12 periods played must be a real concern to coach Didier Olle Nicolle.
- The new manager has only been in charge for two games and they seem relatively solid defensively, but it's clear this team has limitations.
- Les Lionceaux have started 2017 with a couple of sloppy defensive performance. They are however still in fourth place and only lost 1 of their last 7 games.
- The loss of key defender Adolphe Teikeu to the African Nations Cup has been noticeable. The big Cameroonian centre back is a huge presence for them and again misses out here. To make matters worse, starting right back Mickael Alphonse is suspended.
- Playmaker Florian Berenguer is injured, but everyone else of significance is available, apart for some long term injuries.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- There’s no doubt that Sochaux have looked vulnerable at the back recently and will continue to do so without two key starters tonight. I’m not sure Orleans have the weapons or confidence to take advantage of this though.
- The hosts desperately need a result, but it’s difficult to see where their next goal, let alone next win will come from.
- Surprisingly, Sochaux are slight underdogs on a DNB handicap here around the 2.10 mark. This looks a little bit generous, but I'm not really in the habit of backing away teams in France on this sort of line.
- The goal line is around the 1.75 mark and this looks fair enough. I’m certainly not expecting much of a classic and a tight Sochaux win or low scoring draw looks likely. I have no need to get involved here.
Recommended bet: None