- Defeat against Valenciennes on Monday night snapped a five game unbeaten streak as an 89th minute goal condemned them. Sochaux had been making a comeback in the table but have now dropped to sixth place.
- The exact same squad is named for tonight. The one exception is that midfielder Johann Ramare is injured and is replaced by Jeandro Fuchs, who returns from his injury.
- Big centre half Adolphe Teikeu is on African Nations duty. The only other significant absentee is left winger Florian Martin who has now been out of action since early October.
- Les Lionceaux have only lost once at home all season, but have drawn half of their games here (5 out of 10) at Le Stade Bonal.
- Corinne Diacre’s men are now unbeaten in four games thanks to a 3-1 victory away against Red Star last weekend. They’ve now only lost 1 of their last games and sitting comfortably in the upper reaches of midtable.
- Squad condition excellent with only right back/ midfielder Brandon Agounon injured, along with first choice keeper Mehdi Jeannin.
- Clermont have a middling sort of away record and are capable of anything on the road. Last week’s victory was their first in a while on their travels, but it helped massively that they faced ten men for nearly the whole contest.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This should be an interesting game between two upper midtable teams who could get close to the top three should either go on a good run soon.
- Sochaux can be a tricky side to beat here at home and tend to be involved in lower scoring contests.
- I think each side will have positive intentions but it might be tricky for them due to cold weather conditions.
- Temperatures won’t get above zero all day in Sochaux and it’s going to be really really cold at kick off time. It won’t be a pleasant environment to play football and could maybe lead to a tight sort of match with few chances.
- The bookies seem to have priced this match up very fairly and I don’t see an edge either way. A 0-0 or 1-1 draw is my best guess for the match but it feels like a good one to swerve betting on.
Recommended bet: None