- Angers have found a bit of form recently, winning 3 of their last 5 games. The most recent have been back to back victories facing Lille and Nancy respectively, which were vital.
- The squad has been injury ravaged all season and was badly affected by African Nations call ups in January. Once again, they are set to miss a bunch of players across the field. One point worth making is that only Vincent Manceau (DL) and Pierrick Capelle (AM) will miss out compared to last week’s starting XI.
- Bastia picked up a morale boosting 1-1 draw against Monaco last week, performing very well for 70 mins before hanging on for dear life! They are still in massive trouble though, second bottom and have only registered five wins all season.
- Key goalkeeper Jean Louis Leca is ruled out and this is massive news. He is worth at least a dozen points to them during the season and has been one of the best keeper’s in Ligue 1 this year
- Considering the number of defensive absences Angers have, combined with Leca’s injury then have to think this match will contain more goals than many expect. I’m happy to back over 2 @ 1.95.
- I think Angers will win the game, but their price around the 1.85 mark seems spot on and accurately fair. Bastia can be an awkward side sometimes so I’m not going to get involved here. Both teams should hopefully fancy their chances leading to an over 2.5 match being produced.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2 goals @ 1.95 (minimum odds acceptable 1.83)
Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player