- Both sides head into the match having lost their last three consecutive games. It’s 18th vs 17th so plenty at stake. If Caen win, then Nancy would replace them inside the relegation zone.
- Nancy could easily have lost their last five league games were it not for the flukey smash and grab 2-0 win at Nantes a few weeks ago. They have been struggling of late and failed to score in four of their last five games.
- Caen are an unreliable team but they are definitely the better of the two outfits. They have a bit of extra quality in their ranks which could make a difference, plus being at home helps. I think they’ll do enough to edge this game.
- It was worrying how poor Nancy looked at Angers on Saturday. They only lost 1-0 but could've easily gone down 3 or 4 nil. Angers aren't a great side and to be dominated by them so much must be of concern.
- I don’t think this will be a classic and the over/under line looks about right. There’s a good chance of there being exactly two goals and I would personally favour the under. However, sometimes matches like this can explode when both fancy their chances.
- I think Caen are worth backing on a -0.25 handicap around the 1.90 mark. There’s a bit of value here and their overall chances of losing look low so this should be a half losing bet at worst.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Caen -0.25 @ 1.89 (minimum odds acceptable 1.80)
Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player