- It’s going to be interesting to see how Monaco have recovered from their pulsating Champions League match against Man City on Tuesday night. Monaco have generally combined league and European duties well this season, but that was an extremely energy sapping match.
- There’s talk of some rotation here, especially as they have a cup match against OM upcoming in midweek. Key players such as Sidibe, Bakayoko, or even Falcao could be rested to the bench.
- It’s likely that left and right back options will be second string for Monaco here. This might not necessarily make them much weaker defensively, but Sidibe and Mendy offer so much going forwards that they would lack the threat and creativity outside from runners.
- Guingamp are an awkward team who have a knack of getting good results against big teams at home. Lyon, Marseille, PSG have all LOST at Le Stade Roudourou this season and it’s not the sort of location anyone enjoys visiting.
- I think Monaco are a line too short here and I believe they should be closer to the even money mark. I’m not going to risk backing Guingamp but I think all the value is on the hosts.
- This should in theory be an over 2.5 match but could the same thing happen to Monaco that occurred at Bastia last week (1-1)? The visitors might not be as sharp and could be potentially flat, and this would be problematic facing a Guingamp team who can be difficult to penetrate when in the right mood.
- I think Monaco will just about find a way to obtain three points, they are a very good side after all. But for those who presume this is an away win and over 2.5 goals banker, then don’t be so sure.
Recommended bet: None
Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player