- Lille obtained a massive win last week, 1-0 away against Caen. It was new manager Franck Passi’s first in charge and should help steady the ship at LOSC.
- Lille don’t have a great home record this season, already losing a whopping six times in front of their own fans. They lack goals at times but are at full strength in attack heading into this match which is a welcome boost.
- Bordeaux are a very strange side who can blow hot and cold. It has to be said they've only lost 1 of their last 8 matches (to PSG). Their last two road matches have both resulted in wins at Nancy & Caen and last weekend they were impressive when beating Guingamp 3-0.
- Les Girondins also have a fairly good away record, the fourth best in the league only losing three times on their travels.
- Despite the stats perhaps favouring a Bordeaux win, I actually fancy Lille to sneak the three points tonight. Their squad is is healthy condition for once and should be uplifted by victory last week. Lille still have plenty of quality players and I still trust their defence quite a lot.
- The question is how effective they’ll be going forwards. Another question is what sort of Bordeaux will turn up because they can be inconsistent in terms of performance. They’ve had two good results in a row which leads me to think they’ll produce a lower class display tonight.
- It’s not often I back Lille because they are overrated by the bookies, but in this instance I think they are underrated. Taking Les Dogues DNB @ 1.75 is a bet that appeals to me. This match could easily end up as a draw, but I wouldn’t lose anything if that occurred.
Recommended bet: Lille DNB @ 1.75 (minimum odds acceptable 1.64)
Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player