- Here we have a Brittany derby between two out of form teams. Rennes have failed to win any of their last ten games and are desperately struggling of late. Goalscoring has been the big issue for the hosts and they just don’t look very threatening going forwards.
- Lorient are bottom of the table and have only won 1 of their last 6 games. FCL have faced five of the current top ten teams in the last couple of months though and have endured a difficult run of fixtures.
- Matches between these two teams can often be feisty, containing a number of red cards down the years. I expect plenty of commitment again but with confidence not particularly high, this might not be a classic.
- I think Rennes are a little bit overpriced. They are after all the better side in terms of quality and are at home tonight. But I simply don’t trust them right now and consider them unbackable.
- Historically, this fixture often contains goals. But Rennes are struggling to find the net at the moment and Lorient tend to miss a lot of chances. In my pre match estimations, I actually think there is some value in the under markets.
- This might be an interesting match to watch but with a lot of uncertainties then I think it’s best avoided from a betting point of view.
Recommended bet: None
Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player