- After a good run of results, Sainte have now lost 2 of their last 3 games. They remain strong at home though, only suffering one defeat at Le Stade Geoffroy Guichard all season.
- Caen picked up a priceless 1-0 home win against Nancy on Tuesday night. For the most part they played well, although got nervous towards the end. Obtaining such a vital victory should give them a major confidence boost.
- Caen have the second worst away record in Ligue 1 but it’s worth noting their last three road displays haven't been that bad. It might be they've turned the corner a little bit.
- It feels like this Sainte squad might be drained of energy. They’ve played a lot of matches recently and fitness and fatigue is an issue for them here. The squad is decimated with injuries and even a number of guys who are in the squad might be carrying niggles we don’t know anything about.
- My initial estimations had St Etienne as a bit of value but after factoring in team news and the hectic recent schedule, I have to conclude the odds are about where they should be.
- I’ve got a feeling the hosts might just sneak an ugly 1-0 win or something, with maybe Caen blowing opportunities. But this certainly isn't a banker home win though, so I’m happy to leave it alone. I also think this will be an under 2.5 match and generally quite a tight affair.
Recommended bet: None
Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player