- Defeat away to Bourg-en-Bresse last week (2-3) ended what had been a good start to the year for them. Two wins and a creditable performance against Monaco in the cup cannot be ignored.
- Ajaccio are playing well though and were unlucky last week. Their attack force seems in pretty good form and will be boosted by the return of playmaking captain Johan Cavalli tonight.
- Left back Jordan Pierre Charles and fellow fullback Anthony Lippini are both unavailable. The rest of the squad is at full strength though.
- ACA have a strong 6-2-3 home record which is the fourth best in the league. This isn't a surprise because the Corsican outfit have always been strong on their own island.
- Defeat at home to Auxerre last Friday ended a good run doe Corinne Diacre’s men. They’ve only lost 2 of their last 10 games but it was a slightly worrying performance against one of the worst sides in the ligue.
- Clermont are usually quite inconsistent and have a middling away record 3-4-4. They are literally capable of anything on the day although historically struggle more on the road under Diacre.
- Right back Cyriaque Rivieyran & midfielder Joseph Lopy are both injured. They are respectiv starters so the team will be weakened as a result.
- Everyone else is available for selection apart from first choice keeper Mehdi Jeannin who is out injured long term.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- I went against Ajaccio last week, but only because the value on Bourg-en-Bresse was immense. I’ve actually been really impressed with ACA since the turn of the year and they still played some pretty good stuff in defeat.
- Clermont are the sort of side who can get in a slump once a defeat hits them. It was worrying how Auxerre could have scored 3 or 4 times in that fixture last Friday. Ajaccio are a much better team that Auxerre.
- It’s strange how the odds change each week. On this occasion Ajaccio look a decent price again around the evens mark on a -0.25 handicap.
- This looks a more than acceptable price and line. They are strong at home, playing fairly well and only facing an average side.
- It wouldn’t surprise me if this match ended over with both teams scoring, but the goal line looks to be priced fairly on a 2.25 line. So I’ll just stick with the Ajaccio bet.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Ajaccio -0.25 @ 2.01 (minimum odds acceptable 1.85)