- Ajaccio have the fourth best home record in the division (8-2-3) and are always formidable opposition on their Corsican island base. They have won their last three consecutive games here.
- Sochaux have only won 1 of their last 7 games but ended a poor losing run thanks to a couple of solid results recently. Their poor start to 2017 has left them behind in the race for promotion though.
- Les Lionceaux do have a decent away record and I would consider them a better road unit due to their defensive strength. Already, they’ve managed to win five times on their travels this season.
- It’s worth noting that Ajaccio have failed to beat Sochaux in any of the last nine H2H meetings. Sochaux have won the last three encounters, all to nil which suggests this fixture might be a favourable matchup for them.
- But the visitors haven't looked great for a while so I think Ajaccio will win the match. However, I’m not going to get involved betting anything here. Sochaux do have good raw power in their squad and should be doing better than they are right now.
- The goal line looks low and there’s a suggestion some value could be had backing over 1.75 or 2.0. However, Sochaux tend to be involved in lower scoring games and this has the feel of a potential tight match, so I’m happy to leave this market alone too.
Recommended bet: None
Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player