- The promoted outfit, who have surprised everyone this season are back up to fourth place after beating Tours 3-0 away from home on Tuesday. Amiens keep holding their own and pick up timely victories when they need them. ASC also have surprisingly the best goal difference in Ligue 2.
- Right back Oualid El Hajam is ruled out because of a recent appendicitis operation. Winger Charly Charrier is rated doubtful and striker Aboubakar Kamara is suspended. Everyone else of significance should be available.
- Amiens have a mediocre home record (5-3-2). They are better on the road but have still produced some good performances and results here at Le Stade de la Licorne. Fans are in great spirits at the moment, leading to a nice atmosphere.
GFC Ajaccio preview
- The Corsican visitors aren’t in bad form, only losing 2 of their last 8 matches. They’ve put in a few decent performances recently but I still question them a lot away from home.
- GFC do have the seventh best road record in Ligue 2 but I feel it’s grossly inflated by victories against poor teams. Put them against someone good and they usually fail when on their travels.
- The squad is at least in excellent condition with only defender Francois Clerc ruled out injured. He wouldn't even be a starter these days anyway.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- I usually like betting against GFCA when they play on the road. I was strongly tempted again here, but Amiens -0.25 @ around the 1.85 mark doesn’t look particularly great value.
- I would say the bookies have priced this match up spot on. Amiens are now starting to get the respect they deserve, almost to an overrated level at times.
- The big problem with Amiens is inconsistency. You have to go way back to September for the last time they won back to back games. It seems they regularly follow up a victory with a poorer performance and that's what worries me.
- GFCA seem to be playing reasonably well and should take some confidence with them. If they grabbed the first goal then it would make life pretty difficult for Amiens.
- Overall, I think this will be a tight sort of game containing few goals. I might be wrong here though and a number of Amiens’ recent fixtures have exploded! (6 overs in a row)
- I can't be fully sure either way so I’m happy to leave this game alone. My gut feeling is for a close home win and if the -0.25 odds were bigger then I would probably have backed Amiens.