- Things finally seem on the up for Auxerre. They played very well last week during a 1-0 victory against Clermont away. They followed this up with a shock victory 3-0 AET in the cup against Ligue 1 side St Etienne on Wednesday night!
- AJA still have some pulling power and have strengthened their squad in the January transfer window. Four new players have arrived, the most notable of whom is striker Mohamed Yattara, who has netted in both of his games so far.
- Yattara gives them so much more in the final third with his pace, skill and also physical presence. If he is on form at this level then he’s highly dangerous.
- Auxerre have the worst home record in Ligue 2 with a 2-3-5 record. It’s been the case for quite some time that they've struggled in front of their own fans at this stadium, which can resemble a morgue like atmosphere at times.
- Victory at home to Sochaux (1-0) last week was their first in seven games and temporarily halts their slide. Orleans remain bottom of the table but have more hope now.
- It was the first win for new coach Didier Olle Nicolle. All three of their games under him have ended in low scoring 1-0 scorelines. It’s obvious that Orleans will be a boring team under his management.
- The squad is at full strength but unfortunately the club haven’t been allowed to add anyone during the January transfer window due to ban imposed on them by the league. They lost key midfielder Jean Eudes Aholou to Strasbourg.
- Orleans have an horrendous 0-2-8 away record which is by far the worst in the league. The last time they even scored a goal on the road was way back in mid September!
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Auxerre seem to have turned a corner and this has been the best week’s of the season for them. A few found confidence in addition to some smart January signings should have lifted everyone at the club.
- I am surprised they are between a DNB and -0.25 line here. Ok, AJA have the worst home record but things have improved under the management of Cedric Daury. Today they face a horrible away side and should fancy their chances.
- The only concern is what sort of physical condition they’ll be in after enduring a tough physical 120 mins against St Etienne in midweek. But there will some squad rotation, and the mega high after beating such a well renowned Ligue 1 side can’t be underestimated either.
- I simply can't resist Auxerre on a DNB handicap around the 1.70 mark. This looks like a very safe play. Orleans are simply awful away from home and they are the worst team in Ligue 2 anyway.
- This feels very much like an under match and likely won’t contain many chances. I’m surprised the goal line is between 2 and 2.25 because the chances of many goals being scored isn’t particularly high.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Auxerre DNB @ 1.71 (minimum odds acceptable 1.60)