- Clermont are now winless in five games after blowing a 1-0 lead against Lens on Monday night. They eventually lost that match 1-3.
- The hosts are usually a very streaky team who go through good and bad patches. Right now, it appears as though they are in a poorer period but are usually reasonably decent at home under the management of Corinne Diacre.
- Reims meanwhile, are flattering to deceive again, picking up just one victory since the winter break. A lack of goals remains a big issue and they’ve only netted three times so far in 2017.
- It must be noted they are weakened in goal where third choice Nicolas Lemaitre takes the gloves again. He didn’t look too bad against Sochaux last week but this might be a tougher test.
- Reims only have a 2-7-4 away record and simply don’t win enough on the road for my liking. This feels like a draw and either a 0-0 or 1-1 wouldn't surprise me.
- According to my calculations, there is some slight value on backing overs. But I’m not at all confident this match will contain goals so I’m happy to leave it alone.
Recommended bet: None
Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player