- Les Tangos have done well since Marco Simone took over as coach, obtaining 10 points in 8 games and only losing twice. They’ve not always been as defensive as expected either.
- Simone is known for his disciplined tactics and keeping things tight. Laval have engaged in some shootouts if pushed through and the new coach has also reinforced with some attacking weapons arriving late in the transfer window.
- The trio of Yoanne Wissa, Jordan Nkololo & Mana Dembele all recently joined and are included in the squad tonight. They already have Dylan St Louis who is a quality player, so perhaps Laval will be more offensive than expected in the second half of the season.
- The 1-0 victory at home Troyes last time out here should serve them well. That is the sort of blueprint performance Simone is after. Laval will work hard for everything.
- VA lost for the first time in eight games last week, going down 0-1 at home to Brest. They conceded in injury time which was a bitter blow.
- Had they managed to hold onto the 0-0 draw then they’d have kept back to back clean sheets against Reims & Brest, which would’ve been an impressive achievement. There was a time when Valenciennes had defensive problems, but those days seem to be over.
- I’m expecting a similar cautious approach here. Quite a few of their attacking weapons like Roudet, Da Costa & Saliou Ciss are missing tonight.
- Their away record isn’t too bad, only losing three times so far.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- For me, this is the least appealing match of the night to bet on. It’s really capable of going either way and I think a draw is the most likely outcome.
- Laval are favourites in between a DNB & -0.25 handicap. This seems about fair. They are the most likely winners in what could be a tight contest.
- If this match ended 0-0 or 1-0 to someone then I wouldn't be surprised. However, if an early goal is scored then it has the potential to erupt, so for any under backers I would recommend caution.
- As soon as I saw this fixture then I knew I had no intention of betting in it. Absolutely nothing appeals to me.
Recommended bet: None