- Le Havre have just 1 win in 12 games and have really slipped off the pace in recent months. That one victory was in their previous home match though and recent performances have been improved.
- The Le Havre squad still possesses plenty of quality, although will be weakened by the loss of key winger Zinedine Ferhat to injury tonight. He’s been playing quite well of late.
- Auxerre have been in great form, winning 4 of their last 5 games and it could easily have been all five were it not for some bad luck. They are clearly one of the big form teams right now.
- Some smart January signings, not least striker Mohamed Yattara has helped propel them up the table. Keeping three recent clean sheets and conceding few goals during this winning period can’t be underestimated either.
- Due to Le Havre’s recent performance improvement, I’m not willing to stake a full unit on Auxerre +0.5 or +0.25. However, I will have half a unit on the DNB option @ 3.24.
- I think there’s a good chance Auxerre could take all three points tonight in what is likely to be a tight, unremarkable match. Taking them on this DNB line or even straight up on the nose close to the 5.0 mark could actually represent the best value and be a safer option due to a reduced stake.
Recommended bet 0.5 unit: Auxerre DNB @ 3.24 (minimum odds acceptable 3.00)
Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player