- Les Chamois have only won 1 of their last 7 games but aren’t playing badly. In total, they've only lost three games since early September.
- Home form has especially been strong ever since their nightmare start to the campaign. Niort are unbeaten in front of their own fans in eight fixtures. Le Stade Rene Gaillard is becoming a fortress again.
- The squad is at full strength with no significant injuries or suspensions to report. Key midfielder Aliou Dembele returns from his ban and his influence was missed last week.
- The clean sheet obtained at Tours last week (0-0) was their first in eight games.
- The club are now sensationally unbeaten in ten consecutive games, winning five and drawing five of those contests.
- They have however only won two away fixtures all season which were at struggling Auxerre and Tours. Most of their road matches end up as draws.
- Key striker Lakdar Boussaha is still injured and this is the fifth game in a row he’ll miss. Bourg seem to be coping alright without him though.
- They have a sprinkling of other injuries, but nobody else of significance will miss this match tonight.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- This is an interesting game between two underrated sides who have managed to turn their season around after respective poor starts. Both are rarely beaten these days so a draw is perhaps a logical outcome.
- Niort have become strong at home again, so of the two sides I would favour them more. Sooner or later Bourg will lose again, many would argue they are due a defeat.
- However, there looks to be no value on the hosts. They are priced on a -0.25 handicap around the 1.80 mark. This is too short facing as side who are unbeaten in 10 games.
- I was interested in backing the overs here. But I wanted to take an over 2 goal line around the 1.70 mark or higher. Unfortunately, this isn't possible and over 2.25 is priced up @ 1.90.
- The weather forecast isn’t great all day in Niort. Rain and strong winds could potentially affect this match in a negative way.
- So, overall I don't think the overs are worth risking. Bourg tend to be ‘all or nothing’ in terms of goals anyway. They have some extremely high scoring games but then a bunch of unders too.
- I still predict an open encounter containing goals but I prefer to leave this game alone and wait for other opportunities.
Recommended bet: None