Red Star preview
- The Parisian outfit have improved under their new management duo, putting in some creditable performances against some good opponents. Picking up four points facing the likes of Reims, Le Havre & Brest is a solid return and they seem to be heading in the right direction.
- However, they are still in a difficult position hovering just above the relegation zone. In total, 6 defeats in 10 games isn’t a great return and their home record isn’t that great either.
- Squad condition is at least very good with no new injuries or suspensions to worry about. This will be the third straight Monday night that Red Star are in action so they should be used to it by now!
- The Corsican outfit have started 2017 really well, winning 3 out of 4 games. Even the game they lost was unfortunate and mixed in ith that they produced a good performance away against Monaco in the cup.
- It still has to be mentioned that ACA have the second worst road record in the division, winning just once all season. However, due to improved form I think this almost has to be ignored a little bit.
- At the time of writing, I’m not entirely sure about team news. Key playmaker Johan Cavalli has been missing because of injury in all of their last three matches and could return tonight. They seem to be managing alright without him though.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Unlike the other match tonight my feeling is that both teams are ‘on the up’ more and playing better football. That is certainly the case with Ajaccio who are a team I don’t really want to be betting against right now.
- Red Star have some some interesting things in recent matches though and it wouldn't surprise me if they won tonight either.
- The bookies have this match priced up as a 50/50 pick ‘em. Red Star are slight favourites on a DNB line and this seems about fair. Historically, Ajaccio aren’t very good away from home but Red Star tend to perform better on the road.
- The only real bet that tempts me somewhat is over 2 goals. I feel this is a generous line but I’m not confident enough to back it.
- Both teams have been involved in some open contests recently, even if goals haven't always flowed. The lack of a real quality striker at both ends is the biggest concern and too many chances could get wasted.
- Maybe something like a 1-1 draw will occur overall, I’m not entirely sure here.
Recommended bet: None