- Red Star have looked much better under their new coaching duo Pires & Robin, only losing 1 of their last 5 games. I like the general improvement and confidence the team has shown.
- The hosts look better in all areas of the field, although it still must be remembered that on paper their squad is still only mediocre and there isn’t a vast amount of quality here.
- Strasbourg were in action on Monday night so have had less time to prepare for this contest. They tired towards the end of their match against Orleans so there’s a chance they might not be as sharp here.
- Losing key inspirational midfielder Jeremy Grimm to suspension is a massive blow for Strasbourg tonight. He’s been one of the best players in Ligue 2 this season.
- RCS only have a mediocre away record (3-4-5) and have put in some poor displays on the road recently. Without Grimm, there’s a chance they could throw in another sub-standard performance.
- I’m happy to take Red Star +0.25 and over 1.75 goals. I consider both of these good value bets based on my estimations.
- A newly laid pitch here at Le Stade Jean Bouin should significantly aid technical goalscoring. The surface has been very poor here recently, but will be much better tonight.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Red Star +0.25 @ 1.86 (minimum odds acceptable 1.77)
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 1.75 goals @1.71 (minimum odds acceptable 1.60)
Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player