- This is a battle between the two teams who I personally have at the top of my Ligue 2 power rankings. If Reims win then, they’ll move back up to second place in table.
- Neither team has been perfect this season, perhaps only playing their best football on a handful of occasions. But both sides have to be respected for having the knack of obtaining results they need.
- Reims have only conceded six goals at home all season and have an 8-2-2 record at Le Stade Delaune. It is worth mentioning that recent form has been poor though, drawing two and losing one here.
- Brest might just be one of the most fraudulent ‘clear’ leaders of all time. They have lucked out in many games this year, in typical Jean Marc Furlan style who has a knack of doing well managing teams in Ligue 2. Their defence also doesn’t concede many goals, especially on the road.
- Just for once, Reims are effectively at full strength here with no major absences. Brest continue to miss key striker Neal Maupay and defensive midfielder Alexandre Coeff. Maupay is a big loss because he’s still the sixth highest scorer in the division, despite missing five games this season.
- My feeling is that Reims will find a way to win this game. They are due a good performance and I don't think Brest are quite as good as their clear lead at the top of the division suggests. An out of form Clermont managed to draw 1-1 against them recently and Auxerre claimed a 3-1 success not too long ago either.
- Reims do have this huge problem finishing chances though and I’m sure Brest keeper Joan Hartock will come up big a number of times. He is a very underrated goalkeeper and often unheralded.
- I think these odds are right where they should be and I see no edge in any market. This will likely be a close game throughout, but maybe come the later stages of the second half some Reims pressure might finally pay off and they net a winning goal.
Recommended bet: None
Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player