- The Champagne side beat Red Star 1-0 away from home on Monday night to move back second in the table. That was only their second road win of the campaign.
- Most of Reims’ success comes here at home where they have an excellent 8-1-1 record. However, caution should be applied. They failed to beat Valenciennes here last time out (0-0) and suffered a 0-2 reverse to Laval not so long ago either.
- Reims are missing their best defender Julian Jeanvier who is injured. The big man is a key presence for them at the back and when he missed a period for christmas they didn’t look as secure.
- The other problem that the hosts have is scoring goals. A number of times they have drawn a black or failed to put away the opposition this season. Too many chances get missed and they lack that clinical touch upfront.
- TFC are still inside the relegation places but have improved of late, only losing 1 of their last 6 games. Even that was a last gasp defeat to Lens so they are clearly improving.
- Key midfielder, Haris Belkebla is suspended but at least winger Denis Bouanga returns from African Nations duty. Gabon didn't impress many people but he was one of their few shining lights in the tournament.
- Tours did well to keep a clean sheet without Roderic Filippi last week. He returns tonight which is a major boost, they'll need him against a side like Reims.
- Tours still have statistically the worst defence in the entire league, but have kept 3 clean sheets in their last 6 games. Things are improving in this department.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Reims are great at home and it's understandable they are 1.65 favourites tonight. However, they have a lot of problems putting sides away and if you are considering the on a handicap then the danger of an exact one goal win is high.
- If Tours come here, park the bus and defend well then Reims might again be frustrated. I personally wouldn't be that confident in backing them at these odds.
- The hosts are the most likely winners, probably something like 1-0 is a major possibility. It might take them a while to break through.
- Nothing really catches my eye. Tours aren’t as bad these days, so this is far from a home banker. If they did fall behind they have attackers like Bouanga who could cause problems.
Recommended bet: None