Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player
- Strasbourg are currently in seventh position but have two games in hand. If they won tonight and the other fixture then they’d move up to a net second place.
- The hosts must recover from a 0-4 midweek mauling away to Troyes but have a strong home record (7-2-2) including four consecutive wins here at Le Stade Meinau.
- Orleans have won three straight games out of nowhere to lift themselves up to 18th place. They've been a little lucky but are a hard working team and new coach Didier Olle Nicolle has obviously had a positive influence since taking over in early January.
- The visitors are a defensive side who offer little in attack. I expect Strasbourg to dominate but their confidence might be low and Orleans appear to have some momentum right now.
- At the current prices, I’m happy enough to leave the match alone. But I expect a home win, something like 1-0 or 2-0.
Recommended bet: None