- Tours have finally lost patience with coach Fabien Mercadal who was sacked after their Friday night defeat to Bourg-en-Bresse (2-3). Mercadal had been walking the tightrope for a long time and it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.
- Under 17s coach Noureddine El Ouardani is the interim manager and takes charge of this game. I have no idea what sort of coach he is like and this is a highly unpredictable situation.
- Tours aren’t as bad as their league position suggests but they aren’t a very good side either. They are bottom of the table for a reason and simply make too many mistakes.
- Strasbourg have a superb 8-2-2 home record, winning their last five consecutive games at Le Meinau. This stadium has become a formidable fortress.
- Both teams are missing some players, the most notable being key Strasbourg striker Khalid Boutaib. But they proved they can manage alright without him whilst he was on African Nations duty in January.
- Typically, I’m not a great fan of betting on short priced favourites in Ligue 2. But in this instance I actually think Strasbourg are some value around the 1.80 mark. They should be shorter and deserve a full -0.75 or -1 handicap line.
- Over 2 also looks worth backing and should also be much shorter IMO. It’s been eight straight games and way back since late November the last time a Strasbourg game finished with less than two goals. Tours have more overs and their fixtures average more goals per game than any other team.
Recommended bet 1 unit: Strasbourg -0.5 @ 1.80 (minimum odds acceptable 1.65)
Recommended bet 1 unit: Over 2 goals @ 1.78 (minimum odds acceptable 1.65)
Player importance explanation: K =Key, X =Regular XI starter, B = Bench player