- After a winless four game streak, Viking have hit back with consecutive victories
- 5-3-4 home record this season which is only the 11th best
- Three suspended players to regular starters - Vikstol (LB), Lokberg (CM) & Ibrahimaj (CM)
- Manager Bjarne Berntsen will not be retained for next season which has been big news this week.
- Next season a head coaching duo of current assistants Morten Jensen & Bjarte Lunde Aarsheim will take over
- Buoyed by back to back victories which have moved them out of the relegation zone
- Their win at Odd last week was a big shock and their first on the road this season
- Have suffered 8/12 losses on their travels
- An injury doubt to winger Christian Bolanos but the rest of the squad is in excellent condition
Conclusion & Betting analysis
I’m starting to wonder if the stars are just starting to align for Start. They missed a penalty but converted the rebound to beat Sarpsborg late, and then went and won in Odd thanks to another late goal (2-1). To be fair, the performance was good on both occasions and in the case of last week surprisingly impressive. Start have momentum and might have struck lucky again here. Viking are missing the aforementioned three players to suspension, and whether or not the distraction of Bjarne Berntsen leaving the club at the end of the season will be a negative ahead of this match remains to be seen. I quite like the over for this match but with a goal line of 3 or 3.25 it feels too high. Backing Viking at odds-on around 1.90 doesn’t really appeal either. I fancy Start to avoid defeat if I’m honest and could maybe even nick a victory if they take their chances.
Recommended bet: None