- In terrible form with just 1 win in the last 17 games
- In genuine relegation trouble and defeat here could see them inside the bottom 3!
- Interim coach Fabrice Vandeputte has been leaning on youngsters recently, but a more experienced squad named here
- Attacking duo Alexandre Mendy and Yoann Court return after missing the ESTAC match
- 7 points picked up from last 4 games has kept them afloat in the relegation battle
- Lost 10 out of 16 away matches this season
- Squad in good health with no major injuries or suspensions
Conclusion & Betting analysis
It’s incredible that Caen now find themselves in this position. This is a team that for more than half the season were targeting the playoffs! They are in a huge mess though and seem ill equipped to be fighting a relegation battle. I am not sure that sacking Pascal Dupraz was a great idea because Fabrice Vandeputte has come in and almost unsettled the ship. Let’s contrast that to Dunkerque who have been fighting for their lives all year and are probably more used to the situation. Caen somehow have to find it within themselves to grind out some points here, even a draw wouldn’t be that bad but they need to pick up a win from somewhere before the end of the season. Their last 4 games are all against sides in the current top 7 so it’s imperative they deliver tonight. I certainly couldn’t trust either team in such a crucial situation and I’ll be leaving this one well alone.
Recommended bet: None