- Defeat away to Toulouse last week (1-4) was their first in 5 games
- Nancy have ended the season well with 6 wins in last 8 games
- COVID issues with both #1 and #2 goalkeepers Valette & Sourzac ruled out
- Top scorer Mickael Biron is another COVID casualty
- Right wing back Rosario Latouchent is injured
- Defeat 1-2 vs Paris FC at home last week has probably ended their playoff bid
- Sochaux are locked in 7th place and are now 8 points off the top six
- Superb 6-7-2 away record is the best in the league - only conceded 9 goals on the road!
- Squad in excellent condition with no new injuries or suspensions
Conclusion & Betting analysis
I can only presume Sochaux are favourites here because of their away record and maybe due to some of the Nancy absences. It will be tricky for the hosts having to start their 3rd choice keeper Hugo Constant but Nancy have been in decent form recently and I wouldn’t put it past them to win. There is no pressure on them with a midtable finish pretty much assured, whilst Sochaux could be flat after a disappointing defeat last week. I just wonder what the visitors have left to play for now and manager Omar Daf will do well to pick the side up after slipping 8 points behind the playoff spots. Les Lionceaux are superb on the road though with their counter attacking strategy and tend to keep things incredibly tight. I’m not going to bet here and actually find the game really difficult to predict.
Recommended bet: None