- Unbeaten 5 match run has seen Pau go 2 points clear of the relegation zone
- Won 4 of their last 5 home games and overall record at home reads 6-4-5
- Squad in prime condition with no major injuries or suspensions
- Defensive record much improved recently
- Two bad results vs Nancy (0-1) and Niort (0-0) have been a setback in the race for promotion
- Still reside in 3rd place and with a game in hand. Destiny is in their own hands!
- 6-4-5 away record is quite decent, but have lost 3 of their last 5 on the road
- By far the best defensive record in the league, conceding just 17 goals
- No injuries or suspensions
Conclusion & Betting analysis
Clermont easily won the first matchup 3-0 back in December and if they regain some form then they are capable of leading Pau on a merry dance again. The visitors are an excellent side but have hit the rails a bit recently, suddenly lacking for goals in matches they should have won easily. Pau meanwhile, are fighting for their lives and battling hard for every point. I can’t be backing Clermont as a 1.65 away favourite. This feels way too short based on recent events, even if they are capable of delivering an easy victory should things click. I do think this will end up as an away victory, but Clermont sometimes don’t score enough goals, so something like a 1-0 or 2-0 wouldn’t surprise me. There has been a real good balance to Pau’s play recently and they are giving absolutely everything in their battle to survive, so I won’t underestimate them.
Recommended bet: None