- Picked up 17 points out of a possible 21 in the last 7 games
- In 7th place and a victory here would move them to within 2 points of Paris FC
- 5-6-4 home record has been an achilles heel - dropped too many points
- Last 9 home games all ended under 2.5 goals, including four 0-0 draws!
- 4 wins in last 5 games means they stay in the last playoff position
- In 5th place and even back in automatic promotion contention again
- Kept clean sheets in 5 consecutive matches
- Last 7 Ligue 2 fixtures all ended under 2.5 goals
- Young midfielder Diakite is suspended, but might not have started anyway
- Coach Rene Girard won’t be on the sidelines due to a suspension
Conclusion & Betting analysis
This has all the makings of a very tight sort of match which could go either way. A victory for Sochaux would actually put them within 2 points of Paris FC and right in the playoff race, but a defeat probably knocks them out of contention. The poorer results for Les Lionceaux this year have come at home so I certainly can’t trust them here to actually win, but I probably would trust them more to keep a clean sheet and not make a key mistake. Paris FC have been going along much better of late but sometimes lack a much needed bite and miss some crucial chances. Under 2 goals definitely interested me but at this stage of the season weird stuff can happen and whoever falls behind simply has to respond, plus Sochaux might feel the need to win and ‘go for it’ more. Draw only really suits the visitors.
Recommended bet: None