- Four consecutive defeats and they are rock bottom of the table
- 9 points adrift of the nearest safe position
- First match in charge for new coach Albert Cartier
- Ciss & Karamoko (CAN) + Giovanni Haag (inj) the most significant absentees
- Excellent 3-0 win vs QRM last week moved them up to 13th
- Lost just 1 of their last 7 games
- Away record not as strong with 7 out of 10 defeats
- Lloyd Palun (CAN) and GK Vincensini (inj) both ruled out
I actually fancy Bastia to win this match and would totally have backed them if they were at home. The problem is that Bastia just aren’t as reliable on the road and lost 7 out of 10 times away. They have looked much better since Regis Brouard took over as manager though and I was impressed with the Corsican outfit last week. They comfortably beat QRM 3-0 and have started 2022 well with also a cup win vs Ligue 1 side Clermont. Bastia are in a good rhythm and should feel confident they can get a positive result here.
Nancy are in deep trouble but they have a new manager Albert Cartier who takes charge of them for the first time here. Nancy had their match on Monday night postponed away to Toulouse due to the weather, which might be a good or a bad thing I’m not sure. There are certainly some interesting factors which have to be considered such as new manager bounce. Nancy are also fighting for their lives and they really need to get as many points as possible. I really should back Bastia DNB because I fancy them to do quite well but because of their away problems I will reluctantly leave them alone.
Recommended bet: None