- Improvement shown after rocky start.
- Usually a tough team to break down at home, strong defensively.
- A few injury doubts but nothing significant.
- Often played reserved and negative against bigger teams.
- Squad generally in good condition although starting keeper Subasic rated doubtful because of injury.
- Big champions league match away against Spurs in midweek so might have an eye on that game.
- Unbeaten and joint top in the ligue after beating PSG last time out.
Conclusion & betting analysis
This is quite a high profile fixture and I’m quite surprised it’s being played on a Saturday evening, Both teams have to be respected and are well managed by tactical coaches. I don't think this will be a classic by any means and chances could be at a premium. Nobody will really want to lose this game, although if Monaco do harbour any title aspirations then they probably need to look at picking up 3 points. I think it’s a really hard one to predict and offers little betting appeal. The bookies seem to be spot on with all of their lines and I’d say the most likely outcome is a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.
Recommended bet: None