- The hosts are coming off a shocking and excellent 4-0 away win at Auxerre in which striker Dona Ndoh scored a hatrick.
- Les Chamois have now won 4 of their last 5 games and their miserable early season form seems like a thing of the past.
- Before last week, I wasn’t wholly convinced by Niort and I think we still have to look at who they've actually beaten during this run - all sides currently in the bottom seven positions.
- Key midfielder Aliou Dembele is ruled out because of suspension which is a big blow, he’s very influential. A couple of fringe starters, Dabasse & Rocheteau are rated doubtful.
- A surprising defeat at home to Strasbourg last week (1-2) was just their second of the season and leaves them in 8th position, closer to midtable than they would prefer.
- Key striker and leading Ligue 2 scorer Fabena Andriatsima is suspended, whilst fellow man upfront Moussa Sao is surprisingly dropped to the reserves.
- Other important absences include centre back Jerome Onguene & winger Florian Martin.
- Sochaux are usually pretty solid away from home, although lack of victories can often be a big hinderance, they draw too many games.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Niort are in form having won 4 of their last 5 games but this might be their toughest challenge yet. Sochaux are a very solid side, strong at the back and hard to break down.
- The loss of Andriatsima can’t be underestimated though. He’s scored 8 of their 13 goals this season so it’s fairly obvious that their threat going forwards is significantly reduced.
- The visitors will rely on their backline to get the job done, and it’s more than capable of keeping a clean sheet. I could see a 0-0 or 1-1 draw developing.
- I would personally rather side with Niort if I had to take a bet. They are decently priced around the 1.90 mark on a DNB handicap. However, I respect Sochaux enough to refrain from betting.
Recommended bet: None