- Back to back wins have got them back on track following a stumbling period. Les Lionceaux did very well to beat GFCA on Friday night because they played with 10 men for the whole of the second half.
- Perhaps they could pay for that physically here, but the overall mood in the camp should be much better now. They are back up to seventh in the table and bang in the promotion hunt. Sochaux have only lost three times all season.
- Right back Mickael Alphonse who has played every single minute this season is suspended. Midfielder Ilaimaharitra is injured along with winger Florian Martin who has been missing for a couple of months now.
- The visitors are back in form. They are now unbeaten in four games and the goals are starting to flow again. They needed three at Valenciennes, then thrashed Red Star 4-1 on Friday night.
- Bourg have a few injuries to contend with. At the back Ange Digbeu & Quentin Martin are ruled out. Bruce Abdoulaye returns, but there are doubts surrounding his fitness following a fairly lengthy layoff.
- Attacker Romain Del Castillo is another ruled out, and a few guys are reported to be carrying some knocks. So Bourg aren’t the healthiest of sides heading into this contest.
Conclusion & betting analysis
- Both sides come into the contest with question marks surrounding fitness. Sochaux played 45 mins with 10 men on Friday and I have the feeling this could be a low tempo game.
- I’m not sure what either side is going to have left in the tank so it makes sense to expect a low scoring contest, especially as a number of Sochaux games end under.
- Bourg are a weird side with which anything is possible. They are very hard to predict and nothing would surprise me from them here.
- Of all the games today this is the one I have least feeling about. Sochaux are odds-on to win but I’m not interested in backing them in any form. The best advice here is to leave well alone.
Recommended bet: None